Offenders look forward to visits from friends and family while they are in custody. To make your visitation as pleasant and secure as possible, keep in mind that vehicles and people who enter or exit the jail, along with items brought into the jail, are subject to search. If you refuse to be searched, you will be asked to leave.
All unoccupied vehicles must be secured and locked. Be aware that all conversations and actions are subject to being recorded by audio and video monitoring devices. This ensures the safe, secure, and orderly operation of the jail.
Please note that all alcohol, tobacco products, personal weapons and ammunition, and explosive devices and materials are strictly prohibited on facility grounds.
Dress Code for Visitors
All visitors must be dressed appropriately at ALL times, including minors. Inappropriately dressed visitors will be denied entry into the facility.
Visitors found engaging in any inappropriate activity may have their visit terminated immediately and any and all future visits may be suspended as well.
- Mini-skirts, mini dresses, shorts, skorts, culottes must be 2 inches above the kneecap or longer.
- All visitors must have on footwear. Bare feet are not allowed.
- Leotards, spandex, leggings and jeggings must be worn under clothing that covers the buttocks.
- Tube/tank/halter tops are not allowed without a coverup.
- No see-through clothing or clothing that exposes undergarments, torso, midriff, side or back or skin above the knees.
- No clothing that contains symbols or signs with inappropriate language or graphics. (gang symbols/racist comments/inflammatory communication/political affiliation)
- Visitors may wear hats, caps, scarves and other head coverings.
- Jackets, rain gear, shawls and scarves are allowed.
Rules for Visitors
- The facility is not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage that should occur to visitor property.
- No tobacco products are allowed on the property.
- No minors (under 18) will be left unattended in the visitations waiting area, lobby, or facility grounds. Minors must be with an adult visitor at all times.
- Profanity, disruptive behavior, or any visitor under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be tolerated. Anyone exhibiting this form of behavior will be asked to leave the facility. Such behavior may lead to visits being suspended or revoked and/or arrest.
- Visiting privileges may be restricted, based on the offender’s behavior or for medical/ mental health reasons. Visiting privileges are suspended while in disciplinary detention.
- Emergency and Special visits may be authorized by the Director of Security and Operations due to extenuating circumstances.
- Piedmont Regional Jail reserves the right to terminate or refuse any visit which may constitute a threat to the safety, security or goodwill of the jail.
- No food or drinks will be allowed in the secure area of the jail.
- Offenders have the right to refuse any visit.
- All visitors and vehicles are subject to search by staff and or K-9. If you do not consent to being searched, you will be asked to leave the facility.
Hours for Visitation
The visitation schedule is subject to change at any time. Contact the facility at least 48 hours in advance to schedule your visit. Calls are accepted Monday through Friday, 8 am to 3:30 pm. Offenders will only get visits on their designated day and time. If you need specific accommodations or assistance, please contact the facility to make arrangements.
Offenders are allowed one visitation slot per week. Visits may last up to 30 minutes with up to six visitors. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit to allow time for check-in and search.
|Friday||Female Units G-Pod, H-Pod, 03-Pod||8:00 am to 11:00 am|
|Friday||F-Pod, W-Pod, 02-Pod||11:30 am to 2:30 pm|
|Friday||A, B, C, D||2:30 pm to 5:30 pm|
|Saturday||L3-Pod, M-Pod, J-Cells, 01-Pod, 04-Pod||8:00 am to 11:00 am|
|Saturday||I-Pod||11:30 am to 5:30 pm|
|Sunday||Offender Workers / Work Release (Male)||8:00 am to 11:00 am|
|Sunday||I2-Pod||11:30 am to 5:30 pm|