Work Release / Home Electronic Monitoring
Both Work Release* and Home Electronic Monitoring* must be approved by the court/DOC for offenders to become eligible. Piedmont Regional Jail will determine if offenders are eligible based on the following rules:
- The offender’s sentence must be less than 18 months.
- The offender’s crime must be non-violent.
- The offender’s place of employment must have a current business license.
- There must be no outstanding detainers.
- The offender must provide his or her own transportation.
- The offender must pass a drug test.
- The offender will only be allowed to work six days per week.
*Cost for Work Release is $220.00 upfront and $90.00 per week to stay on work release.
* Cost for Home Electronic Monitoring is $500.00 upfront and $115.00 per week. The $500.00 fee covers the signup fee and the first three weeks.
* Home Electronic Monitoring requires a GPS monitoring device.
*Weekly visits are required. Visits are usually on Tuesdays at 10:00 am, but this may vary.